New 2020 FordExplorer Platinum SUV

  • VIN: 1FM5K8HC1LGA17863

Shop online with TS&S Ford 24x7 and get approved for Delivery today! At TS&S Ford in Madras Oregon we offer a great selection of Commercial, Fleet, & Work Trucks along with F150, F250 & F350 pickups all capable of getting the job done!  Located in Central Oregon our SUV and Car Selection is excellent as well. Check out the all new Explorer, Expedition, Edge, Eco Sport, Escape, & our Mustangs today!  If you don't see what you would like stop in or call the dealership and speak to our Sales Team 8am - 7pm Monday - Saturday or 11am-5pm on Sundays.  Our direct sales line is 888-471-4217.
Rich Copper Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
Interior Color
Ebony
Body/Seating
SUV/6 seats
Transmission
10 speed automatic
Drivetrain
four-wheel
Engine
3 V6
Ford Explorer

Highlighted Features

  • Navigation system
  • Blind spot sensor
  • Lane departure
  • Speed limit sign recognition
  • Distance pacing cruise control
  • Leather upholstery
  • Automatic temperature control
  • Emergency communication system

Included Packages & Options

  • Premium Technology Package$995
    • Leather Htd/Ventilated Sport Captain's Chairs
    • 10.1" LCD Capacitive Portrait Touchscreen
    • 2 Additional Speakers
Included Options
  • Front & Second Row Floor Liners$120

Detailed Specifications

  • 1-touch down
  • 1-touch up
  • Air conditioning
  • Auto tilt-away steering wheel
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • Automatic temperature control
  • Distance pacing cruise control: Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+ - Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go
  • Driver door bin
  • Driver vanity mirror
  • Emergency communication system: SYNC 3 911 Assist
  • Front beverage holders
  • Front dual zone A/C
  • Garage door transmitter: HomeLink
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Illuminated entry
  • Memory seat
  • Navigation system
  • Overhead console
  • Passenger door bin
  • Passenger vanity mirror
  • Power moonroof
  • Power windows
  • Proximity keyless entry: doors and push button start
  • Rear air conditioning
  • Rear beverage holders
  • Rear door bins
  • Remote engine start: keyfob and smart device
  • Remote keyless entry
  • Speed control
  • Steering wheel memory
  • Telescoping steering wheel
  • Tilt steering wheel
  • Trunk/hatch auto-latch
  • Alloy wheels
  • Four wheel independent suspension
  • Front anti-roll bar
  • Front tires: 255/55HR20.0
  • Power steering
  • Rear anti-roll bar
  • Rear tires: 255/55HR20.0
  • Speed-sensing steering
  • Wheel size: 20"
  • 1st row LCD monitors: 2
  • AM/FM radio: SiriusXM
  • Primary LCD size: 8.0"
  • Radio data system
  • Satellite radio trial duration with new vehicle purchase (months): 6
  • Smart device integration: SYNC 3/Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
  • Speaker type: Bang & Olufsen
  • Speakers: 12
  • Steering wheel mounted audio controls
  • Wireless phone connectivity: Bluetooth
  • Basic warranty: 36 months/36,000miles
  • Corrosion perforation warranty: 60 months/ unlimited distance
  • Powertrain warranty: 60 months/60,000miles
  • Roadside assistance coverage: 60 months/60,000miles
  • 3rd row seats: bench
  • Front center armrest
  • Front seats: bucket
  • Genuine wood dashboard insert
  • Genuine wood door panel insert
  • Heated front seats
  • Heated rear seats
  • Leather steering wheel
  • Leather upholstery
  • Max seating capacity: 6
  • Power 2-way driver lumbar support
  • Power 2-way passenger lumbar support
  • Power driver seat
  • Power passenger seat
  • Rear seats: captain
  • Rear seats Folding position: tumble forward
  • Split folding rear seat
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Compressor: twin turbo
  • Cylinder configuration: V-6
  • Drive type: four-wheel
  • Engine liters: 3.0
  • Engine location: front
  • Fuel economy city: 18mpg
  • Fuel economy combined: 20mpg
  • Fuel economy highway: 24mpg
  • Fuel tank capacity: 21.8gal.
  • Horsepower: 365hp @ 5,500RPM
  • Manual-shift auto: SelectShift
  • Mode select transmission
  • Number of valves: 24
  • Recommended fuel: Premium Unleaded
  • Torque: 380 lb.-ft. @ 3,500RPM
  • Transmission: 10 speed automatic
  • Variable valve control
  • Approach angle: 21 deg
  • Departure angle: 22 deg
  • Ground clearance (min): 208mm (8.2")
  • Ramp breakover angle: 18 deg
  • Auto-dimming door mirrors
  • Bumpers: body-color
  • Heated door mirrors
  • Power door mirrors
  • Power liftgate
  • Rear cargo: power liftgate
  • Roof rack: rails only
  • Spoiler
  • Tailpipe finisher: chrome
  • Trailer hitch receiver
  • Trailer sway control
  • Turn signal indicator mirrors
  • 3rd row headroom: 988mm (38.9")
  • 3rd row hiproom: 1,039mm (40.9")
  • 3rd row legroom: 818mm (32.2")
  • 3rd row shoulder room: 1,387mm (54.6")
  • Compression ratio: 9.50 to 1
  • Curb weight: 2,144kg (4,727lbs)
  • Engine bore x stroke: 85.4mm x 86.0mm (3.36" x 3.39")
  • Engine displacement: 3.0 L
  • Engine horsepower: 365hp @ 5,500RPM
  • Engine torque: 380 lb.-ft. @ 3,500RPM
  • Exterior body width: 2,004mm (78.9")
  • Exterior height: 1,783mm (70.2")
  • Exterior length: 5,050mm (198.8")
  • Front headroom: 988mm (38.9")
  • Front hiproom: 1,504mm (59.2")
  • Front legroom: 1,092mm (43.0")
  • Front shoulder room: 1,570mm (61.8")
  • GVWR: 2,794kg (6,160lbs)
  • Interior cargo volume: 515 L (18 cu.ft.)
  • Interior maximum cargo volume: 2,486 L (88 cu.ft.)
  • Passenger volume: 4,324L (152.7 cu.ft.)
  • Rear headroom: 970mm (38.2")
  • Rear hiproom: 1,501mm (59.1")
  • Rear legroom: 991mm (39.0")
  • Rear shoulder room: 1,572mm (61.9")
  • Towing capacity: 2,540kg (5,600lbs)
  • Wheelbase: 3,025mm (119.1")
  • Auto high-beam headlights
  • Blind spot sensor: Ford Co-Pilot360 - Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) warning
  • Compass
  • Configurable
  • Delay-off headlights
  • Display: digital
  • Exterior parking camera front
  • Exterior parking camera left
  • Exterior parking camera rear
  • Exterior parking camera right
  • Forward collision: Ford Co-Pilot360 - Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection mitigation
  • Front fog lights
  • Front reading lights
  • Fully automatic headlights
  • Lane departure: Lane Keeping Alert active
  • Low tire pressure warning
  • Outside temperature display
  • Parking sensors: automated
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Rear collision: Reverse Brake Assist mitigation
  • Rear reading lights
  • Rear window defroster
  • Rear window wiper
  • Speed limit sign recognition
  • Speed sensitive wipers
  • Sun blinds
  • Variably intermittent wipers
  • 4 wheel disc brakes
  • ABS brakes
  • Adjustable head restraints: driver and passenger w/tilt
  • Brake assist
  • Dual front impact airbags
  • Dual front side impact airbags
  • Electronic stability
  • Ignition disable
  • Knee airbag
  • Occupant sensing airbag
  • Overhead airbag
  • Panic alarm
  • Perimeter/approach lights
  • Security system
  • Traction control

Dealer Notes

$4,371 off MSRP! Take a small drive to get a Big Deal at TS&S!!

2020 Ford Explorer Platinum AWD Copper Metallic V6 10-Speed Automatic

AWD.

* 2020 KBB.com 10 Best SUVs Worth Waiting For * 2020 KBB.com 10 Favorite New-for-2020 Cars

  • Fun and lots of compliments

    By Max on Monday, December 23, 2019

    5.0
    Look forward to driving daily. Strangers approach with compliments. Lack of torque steer from the rear wheel drive is wonderful. The low rpm driving torque is very well done. I thoroughly compared to European, korean and Japanese, as well as caddy and gmc. So many good choices but the massage seats and overall redesign package cinched it for us. The platinum and st versions have lots of tech, but are pricey. The xlt 4wd base model with 2.3 EcoBoost was impressive however, and with a very reasonable price. We opted for the st for features and the very exciting 3.0 EB.
  • Value if you pick the right trim

    By Explorer XLT (1 month review) on Wednesday, December 18, 2019

    4.0
    Lot of people mention a high price associated with this new Explorer. I just got a well equipped XLT for under $38K. The power is sufficient. The usable space is great. And the visibility is amazing. No other vehicle comes close. Even the Explorer's brother the "Aviator" was difficult to see out the windshield and A pillars. It doesn't seem to have the artificial engine sound pumped into the cabin through the speakers in the XLT trim. So you get to hear the "buzzy engine" as another reviewer put it. The turning radius is surprisingly tight and overall handling good. However, the ride quality can be a little stiff. If you have the drive mode set to "sport" be prepared to know that the engine will hang onto a lower gear longer than you think it needs to.
  • More refined inside and out than the predecessor

    By Andrew B on Wednesday, September 04, 2019

    5.0
    Before I bought my '20 Explorer Limited, I looked at the offerings from Land Rover, Audi and Volvo, and looked at the Ford on a lark. The handling equalled or bested the Audi Q5 with much more room, and against the Volvo it was no contest. The Land Rover was $10K more expensive, so the value was more impressive. We needed a passenger/cargo hauler and the suited the purpose well. The center captains chairs are nice, and the seat configuration for 6 ends up being male and more comfortable. The 2.3L Eco Boost can seem buzzy but it puts out ample acceleration and more than adequate power with decent mileage for a car that tips the scales at 4,500 lbs. I've been averaging around 23-24 in a mixed driving loop that includes local and freeway driving, which was more than I expected. Overall, I'm happy and impressed.

  • 2020 Ford F-150 XLT EcoBoost V6 GTDi DOHC 24V Twin Turbocharged

  • 2020 Ford F-150 XL EcoBoost V6 GTDi DOHC 24V Twin Turbocharged

  • 2020 Ford F-150 XLT V8

    2020 Ford F-150 XLT V8 145" Wh…

  • 2020 Ford F-150 Lariat V6 EcoBoost

    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat V6 EcoB…