2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Blue 4WD HEMI Magnum 5.7L V8 SMPI 5-Speed Automatic

Features: HEMI Magnum 5.7L V8 SMPI, 4WD, ABS brakes, Compass, Heated door mirrors, Illuminated entry, Remote keyless entry.

  • dont buy a used 2004, not worth it

    By ramsnotworthit on Monday, March 19, 2012

    1.0
    general tires wont last beyond 36k miles. hard on brakes, trans is weakest point, wait till you have the infamous death wobble in 3 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic, dont forget to keep replacing hubs, rotors, u joints and brakes, did I mention trans wont last. hard to get dodge to stand behind their product w/o a fight, remember you owe them for buying thier vehicle! on my 4th set of tires at 90k miles
  • Mine has been a good one

    By ThisOneRunsGreat on Tuesday, April 16, 2019

    5.0
    I bought this truck new in Jan 2009. The financial crisis presented a good time to buy and I got mine for $20k when it had a $36K sticker. I'd like a new truck, but the fact that I got this one at such a good price AND it's given me no troubles, it makes it hard to buy a new one. I mainly drive it to and from some property I have. The bed has been full of sod, gravel, and mulch from time to time. I've pulled my heavy ski boat with it, also a 20ft flat trailer with Kubota tractor on it. It does the job fine. A 3/4 ton diesel would do better for sure, but this one does what I have needed it to do. It's low mileage, 5-6k per year. Oil service every 5k miles. Changed transmission fluid at 60k recently. The only "repair" was to replace the sway bar links because the rubber had aged and a clunking sound started. That was $180. My next maintenance items are coolant and spark plug change but it's not hurting for either yet. When towing, gas mileage is pretty bad at under 10mpg. But just the other day I calculated a smooth, non-towing 70 mile trip at 20mpg. That's not bad for the 5.7 Hemi. Compared to the new ones, my interior looks old school. But that's OK with me, it all still works great. If you find a low mileage gem like I have, you could end up with a truck that keeps you from looking seriously at the new ones.
  • Best vehicle that Ive ever owned.

    By john on Sunday, May 14, 2017

    5.0
    My Ram was a great buy in 2005, got 11,000 off the sticker! Now with over 255,000 severe miles, its hard to find a fault. As a former Toyota owner, I expected to have a lot of problems, nope, The hemi is an incredible motor!

  • 2013 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan

    2013 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan…

  • 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Sedan

    2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Sed…